Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Shooting Floral Photography

    You can see by the majority of my postings that flowers are a passion of mine. I like to get up close and personal with them. I love the colors,textures and shapes of the petals of each flower. Each one is more beautiful than the next.
    In order to get up close and personal with this Lotus, I used a tripod a very important tool to have when photographing flowers, I also used a  Nikon 50mm 1.8 lens. I lowered the shutter speed to 200, ISO 200 and shot at F22smaller aperture is important when you want crisp detail. I used a flash because I wanted to darken the background, but I prefer morning soft light or over cast light, you get more color an good detail in this light. Remember to fill your frame with your bloom, you don't want anything to distract from your beautiful flowers. Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment